Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thank you.

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
Dalai Lama

The River City Vegan has thus far focused on great food, and spreading the word about my cooking class (okay, and one post with adorable poppets). While no doubt, these are all worth while bloggings, I am hijacking this post to say "thank you".

Our Earth may often be brutal, unjust, and heartbreaking, this is true. Yet somehow,  the world around me is full of love, full of hope, and capable of untold kindnesses.

Compassion and kindness are the building blocks upon which I became and have stayed a vegan. To me no words ring truer than, "be the change you want to see in the world". Also, those who know me, know of my personal Norman Rockwell obsession, as evident by the print next to my front door, which reads, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

These ethical building blocks have brought into my world such amazingly wonderful Earthlings, people and creatures who fill my life with an overabundance of joy, of admiration and hope that I am able to be who I am, create what I want, love who I do, and find a peace and happiness in the world every day of my life.

This, to me, is all part of being a vegan.  This is life. It should be filled with all that is good.

In closing, I want to make sure that my friends, family, coworkers, and everyone else whose heart crossed my path know that you are so very appreciated. the Earth is a better place with you in it. Thank you for being a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment