|All this for less than $50!|
- look at the liquor you already have and try to find drinks that will use your pre-existing liquor supplies. For me, it was a ginger liquor and orange vanilla liquor. Together with a bit of lime and ginger ale, you have "Gingerbread Punch"! Very festive, no?
- Also ask your guests to bring either something that can be eaten with a tooth pick or some sort of alcohol. Most of my guests either brought wine or champagne. We mixed the champagne with some pre-existing Chamboard. This is called a Kir Royale (ooh, fancy!).
Step two: Food
At a cocktail party, you want food that can be nibbled on throughout the evening, and stuff that won't get your fancy cocktail dress dirty, even after you've had one too many cocktails!
- Hummus: 1 drained can chick peas, 1/4 cup tahini, 3 cloves of garlic, 2 tablespoons EVOO, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, and juice from one lemon. Blend till creamy in a food processor.
- Pinwheels: tortillas, spinach, red pepper, avocado and hummus made from the above recipe. spread hummus and veggies on tortilla, roll up and slice into 3/4 in pieces. Stack the pinwheels on a plate.
- Lemony Edamame Dip: 1 1/2 cup shelled and cooked edamame beans, 1/2 cup cooked peas, juice from one lemon, salt, cayenne pepper, 2 Tablespoons EVOO, 1/4 cup water. Blend till creamy in a food processor.
- White Bean and Artichoke Dip: 1 drained can cannelleni beans, 1/2 cup marinaded artichokes, 3 cloves garlic, 1/4 pitted kalamata olives, parsley, salt, 1 tablespoon EVOO. Blend all ingredients till creamy in food processor, then add chopped olives, mix well.
- Pita Chips: Purchase one package pre-made pita bread. Slice into triangles (like you would a pizza). Pre-heat oven to 350. In a separate bowl, pour EVOO. split the pita apart at pre-separated part and lightly coat the rough side with the olive oil. place coated side up on a baking tray. sprinkle all slices with salt and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- bruschetta: Buy 2 pre-made french baguettes. slice thin and arrange on a baking sheet. top with diced tomatoes, chopped pitted black olives, EVOO, salt and chopped basil. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 400.
- Cupcakes. I made Red Velvet and Golden Vanilla (dyed green) with cream cheese frosting from VEGAN CUPCAKES TAKE OVER THE WORLD. Festive.
Step 3: Decorate
- Thrift Store. $1 strands of light, $.50-$1 glass ware, $.10 cloth napkins etc.
- Dollar Store. Mistletoe and whatever else you want for faux greenery
Step 4: Music
- Pandora on the computer, find a style of holiday music and voila! Holiday soundtrack!
Okay, I provided all that I can. The rest is up to you, young padawon.