Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Because dinner was frozen potstickers...

Yes, it's true! Last night's dinner consisted of a (ugh) microwaved bag of frozen veggie potstickers, gleefully dredged in the tamari, sugar and rice vinegar "sauce" included in the bag. This lead to the penning of a remorseful "Dear John" letter to MSG:

Dear Mon-y G.,

I'm just going to say this bluntly. What we had last night was a fling. It's over now, and while I am not saying we will never get together and do that thing we do again, I am saying this was a momentary lapse of judgment on my part. Yes, I did mean it when I said "no one gets to my umami like you", but that doesn't mean what we have is healthy. I just can't do this all the time. I hope you understand.

It's me, not you,

Jen

Aaannnnddd, I'm back...

Tomorrow I head north, to a very frigid New York City, where I fully intend to indulge in copious amount of vegan yum. I will be sure to blog my trek. I will also be satiating my not-so-inner-history geek, as the purpose of the trip is an exploratory mission to gain knowledge of the inner workings of both the Tenement Museum and the Merchant's House Museum (that and shopping).

For the interim, I leave you with a bit of relatable humor, via the Defensive Omnivore Bingo. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Though I eat meat, I did like your bingo. I do understand why people go vegan. It's just not something I'm going to decide any time soon. It honestly is because I like meat. However, I do love veggies and fruit. I eat more non-meat things than meat.

    ReplyDelete