Sunday, January 30, 2011

Yummy nomz and less than the best news

Ah, there is nothing better than a gigantic potluck dinner with friends. Especially when it happens at someone else's house (i.e. I don't have to clean up this time!). One of the best foods to bring to a potluck is delicious vegan mac n cheeze. This is also great since it lets me practice for my upcoming first cooking class.

Here is a rundown of how to make the bomb mac n cheeze:

Cook up a box of macaroni noodles (I'm gonna assume you know how to do this, and not go into further detail).

While the noodles are boiling melt some vegan margarine in a sauce pan (roux style). Mix about 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast, a tbs of miso, a tbs dijon mustard, a dash of liquid smoke , and a dash of hot sauce. Add about 1/3 cup almond milk and then a handful of Daiya cheddar shreds. Mix till it is all melty and consistent, then mix with the macaroni.  Pour into a casserole dish, top with the rest of the Daiya cheese and bake at 450 for 15 minutes.

This tastes absolutely phenomenal, and goes over very well at dinner parties.

The less than best news is that it looks like my six week cooking class is postponed indefinitely. Ugh. Well, I will continue to keeps in contact with this avenue and search out new venues as well. In the meantime perhaps I will video tape my own cooking at home and post on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment